With the number of drownings that occur each year, the ASSOCIATION OF AQUATIC PROFESSIONALS wants to help you learn how to RESPECT the Water.
The Association of Aquatic Professionals is committed to helping prevent drownings nationwide.
We believe with a little education and training, learning to RESPECT the water and prevent
drowning tragedies is within our reach.
Our approach is as simple as RESPECT
Recognize – recognize the signs of non-swimmers, tired swimmers, distressed swimmers and potentially unsafe situations
Education – learn what factors can lead to drowning
Supervision – direct, constant supervision is key
Physical barriers – provide fencing, safety covers, alarms and life jackets
Expectations – understand what to expect from the aquatic environment and the body’s response, know your limits.
Communicate – warn and inform, communicate the dangers that are present in, on and around the water
Training – learn to swim and how to respond to an emergency
** Download the RESPECT the Water Drowning Prevention Campaign information at the bottom of this page.
***** NEW – RESPECT PSA’S
Drowning Prevention Education
One of the main goals of the Association of Aquatic Professionals is to provide drowning prevention education to aquatic professionals, operators of swimming pools and facilities as well as the general public. To accomplish this goal the association will offer opportunities for the general public to attend drowning prevention education sessions and attend a specified time period during our annual trade show at no cost to meet with both professionals and vendors in the field of aquatics.
* The AOAP Always offers drowning prevention education during the AOAP Annual Conference. This information and time slot is open to anyone that would like to attend from the general public to learn about drowning prevention and how to put layers of protection in place to help ensure the safety of everyone in or around the water.
Local Professionals, Community members or anyone that has a “backyard” swimming pool will be invited to attend the Exhibit Hall on Wednesday from 1:00 – 3:00 pm to participate in a drowning prevention educational opportunity which will include: Drowning prevention materials and an opportunity to learn more about safety tips for owning your own swimming pool and keeping children safe in and around swimming pools. There will be NO CHARGE during this time for anyone to attend this portion of the conference/trade show.
Save a Loved one – free Drowning Prevention education
The Association of Aquatic Professionals conference and Exposition invites the Frisco, Texas community or anyone else to learn about drowning prevention education at the Embassy Suites and Convention Center. Event starts at 1:00 PM.
What better way to do this than to open portion of this Conference and Exhibit Hall for FREE to Frisco area residents as well as managers, staff and pool operators of apartment complexes, HOA’s, hotel/motels, Fitness Clubs and other facilities that have swimming pools! The exhibit hall opens to Community members at no cost, Wednesday, beginning at 1:00 PM. Meet over 100 vendors of water safety products, ADA equipment, ADA new laws and receive free drowning prevention tips from the American Red Cross and the Consumer Product Safety Commission, among others.
Promotional Materials and Videos for Program
- RESPECT the Water Drowning Prevention Program Poster 11×17
- RESPECT the Water Drowning Prevention Program Flyer
- RESPECT the Water Drowning Prevention Program Trifold Brochure
- Download the Redwoods Group Video – Hollywood vs Reality to show during the Caregivers portion
- RESPECT the Water Drowning Prevention Program Video
Promotional Materials – Spanish
- RESPECT the Water Drowning Prevention Program Flyer – SPANISH version
- RESPECT the Water Drowning Prevention Program 11×17 Poster – SPANISH version