Aquatic Facility Operator (AFO) Course
Live Virtual Options
Option 1: Dates: January 11 & 12, 2022
Option 2: Dates: March 21 & 22, 2022
Option 3: Dates: April 26 & 27, 2022
Site: Virtual Course. 1 1/2 days of the course live via zoom and then the exam takes place via zoom and a proctored on-line exam on zoom as well.
Room: Via Zoom
Fees: $285 – Fee includes the AFO Manual, exam and certification (for those with a passing exam grade) – a portion of the fee is donated to AOAP.
Instructor: Juliene Hefter, Executive Director/CEO for AOAP
UPCOMING IN-PERSON COURSES:
The National Recreation and Park Association offers the premier certification program in swimming pool operations, the Aquatic Facility Operator (AFO) certification. The AFO program provides the most comprehensive and up-to date training for pool operators and includes information on water chemistry, disinfection, mechanical systems, operations, healthy pools and safety.
Who Should Attend
- Aquatics Directors
- Pool Operators
- Recreation Directors
- Waterpark Directors
- Pool Managers
- Aquatic Supervisors
- Resort, Hotel, and Homeowner Association Staff
- Pool Service Industry Professionals
- Any staff members responsible for the operation, maintenance, or management of an aquatic facility.
- Anyone in need of knowledge in swimming pool operations
Course Materials to be Received
All AFO Course attendees will receive the following materials:
- AFO Manual
- Calcium Saturation Index Slide Ruler
- Course Handouts
- Practice Quiz (received at the end of the first day)