Aquatic Facility Operator (AFO) Course
Dates: Tuesday, April 27 & Wednesday, April 28, 2021
Site: Virtual Course. 1 1/2 days of the course live via zoom and then the exam takes place via zoom and a proctored on-line exam on zoom as well.
Room: Via Zoom
Fees: $275 – Fee includes the AFO Manual, exam and certification (for those with a passing exam grade) – a portion of the fee is donated to AOAP.
Instructor: Juliene Hefter, Executive Director/CEO for AOAP
The National Recreation and Park Association offers the premier certification program in swimming pool operations, the Aquatic Facility Operator (AFO) certification. The AFO program provides the most comprehensive and up-to date training for pool operators and includes information on water chemistry, disinfection, mechanical systems, operations, healthy pools and safety.
Who Should Attend
- Aquatics Directors
- Pool Operators
- Recreation Directors
- Waterpark Directors
- Pool Managers
- Aquatic Supervisors
- Resort, Hotel, and Homeowner Association Staff
- Pool Service Industry Professionals
- Any staff members responsible for the operation, maintenance, or management of an aquatic facility.
- Anyone in need of knowledge in swimming pool operations
Course Materials to be Received
All AFO Course attendees will receive the following materials:
- AFO Manual
- Calcium Saturation Index Slide Ruler
- Course Handouts
- Practice Quiz (received at the end of the first day)