Date: Sunday, February 4
Time: 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Fees: $245 Without a full conference registration, $290 if also registered as a full conference attendee at a regular conference rate (no additional discounts may apply)
AquaTech is designed to prepare you to operate a pool or aquatic facility according to U.S. and international training requirements. Using a combination of online study and on-site competency testing, the AquaTech certification course offers a flexible alternative to classroom-only certification methods with the following benefits:
- User-friendly, non-intimidating training. AquaTech helps you master the fundamentals of aquatic facility care through clear, simple explanations of the key concepts. Rather than just working through pages of math problems, you’ll learn the hows and whys behind the essential procedures, resulting in a more thorough understanding of the job.
- Developed by industry leaders. AquaTech was designed with the help of experts who understand the changing needs of today’s aquatic facilities. These people include Robert Burrows, Tom Carrico, Robert Clayton, Juliene Hefter, Mick Nelson, Jill White, and Kent Williams.
- Meaningful interactive online instruction. The course is more than just book content presented online. It takes students step by step through a typical work day to help them connect important concepts to real-world practice. Participants will work through interactive scenarios based around situations they’re likely to face on the job.
- Outstanding study and reference materials. The AquaTech text features full-color photographs and reader-friendly elements such as margin notes, best practices tables, and step-by-step instructions for common pool issues. Included with each book is the AquaTech Pool Tool, a handy laminated reference card that features formulas, conversions, charts, and calculation tips. Both resources will be valuable tools even after the course is completed.
***** All registrants will take part in an on-line portion of the course prior to the conference. The AquaTech online course will teach you how pool systems work and how to maintain them, as well as how to diagnose, prevent, and solve common pool care troubles. You’ll also find information on reducing risk and increasing safety at your facility. After completing the course, you’ll have all the requisite competencies to successfully operate a pool or other aquatic facility.
Following successful completion of the online course, students take part in an instructor-led session at the conference on 2/4 from 8:00 am – 5:00 pm with hands on interaction. Successful completion of the instructor-led session leads to certification.*
Aquatic Facility Operator (AFO) Course
Dates: Thursday, February 8 and Friday, February 9
Site: Trade Winds Island Resort, St Pete Beach, FL
Fees: $275 without the full conference, $245 if also registered as a full conference attendee at a regular conference rate (no additional discounts may apply) – Fee includes the AFO Manual, exam and certification (for those with a passing exam grade).
Instructor: John Whitmore
The National Recreation and Park Association offers the premier certification program in swimming pool operations, the Aquatic Facility Operator (AFO) certification. The AFO program provides the most comprehensive and up-to date training for pool operators and includes information on water chemistry, disinfection, mechanical systems, operations, healthy pools and safety.
Who Should Attend
- Aquatics Directors
- Pool Operators
- Recreation Directors
- Waterpark Directors
- Pool Managers
- Aquatic Supervisors
- Resort, Hotel, and Homeowner Association Staff
- Pool Service Industry Professionals
- Any staff members responsible for the operation, maintenance, or management of an aquatic facility.
- Anyone in need of knowledge in swimming pool operations
Course Materials to be Received
All AFO Course attendees will receive the following materials:
- AFO Manual
- Calcium Saturation Index Slide Ruler
- Course Handouts
- Practice Quiz (received at the end of the first day)