Student Diversity Conference Scholarship Application
The Association of Aquatic Professionals Diversity Student Scholarship
The deadline to submit an application for a student conference scholarship is October 1.
The Association of Aquatics Professionals offers scholarships to full time college students who might not otherwise be able to attend the AOAP Annual Conference. The Association of Aquatic Professionals is committed to supporting inclusion and diversity within the aquatics industry. With this commitment, we are pleased to offer Diversity Scholarships to attend our Annual Conference & Exposition for AOAP Professional Members from minority backgrounds. Awards are based on the appropriateness of the educational opportunity related to the applicant’s desire to expand their knowledge of the aquatics profession and contributions of the applicant to his/her community. Scholarships of a full conference registration and one nights hotel, at the host hotel. Scholarships will be awarded based on availability of funds.
SELECTION CRITERIA USED TO DETERMINE CONFERENCE SCHOLARSHIP AWARDS:
1. Currently enrolled as a full time college student with a minimum GPA of 3.0.
2. Current or new member of AOAP.
3. A letter of recommendation from an instructor or professional contact.
4. Copy of college transcripts.
5. Explanation of financial need.
6. Please note that all award recipients are required to stay at the conference hotel in order to receive the scholarship. (Unless you live within driving distance of the conference site.)
7. All recipients will be required to assist during the conference. This may be as a room host, ticket taker, etc.
ADDITIONAL CRITERIA (1-5 POINTS AWARDED WITH 5 BEING THE HIGHEST)
1. Contributions to his/her community.
2. Participation summary: reason expressed, presentation, organization, clarity and writing skills.
3. Appropriateness of the educational opportunity related to the applicant’s future goals.
4. Previous scholarships received.
All applicants must upload one (1) reference letter to this application from an instructor or professional contact, and a copy of current college transcripts.
*If you are granted a scholarship, it is understood that you will attend the Annual AOAP Conference, reserve a room and stay at the conference hotel (with a minimum of a 3 night stay), unless you live within driving distance, and volunteer to assist during the conference where needed.
The recipients will receive a full conference registration, and one (1) nights in the host hotel that will be placed on the AOAP Master Bill.
Previous scholarships received in the past years. (If an AOAP scholarship was received in the past points will be deducted from the application).