Diversity and Inclusion
AOAP is committed to being inclusive and providing members with valuable education, discussions, and opportunities to engage with other members of diverse backgrounds, abilities, gender, and sexual orientation. AOAP’s Diversity and Inclusion Committee was developed to provide members with learning opportunities, shared resources, and to increase understanding and acceptance of individuals from various backgrounds and beliefs.
The Diversity and Inclusion Committee meets bi-monthly and invites members to join the committee in March of each year. Terms on the committee are for one (1) year and conclude at AOAP’s Annual Conference (March – February).
The primary goals of AOAP’s Diversity and Inclusion Committee include:
- Develop Diversity and Inclusion content for AOAP’s social media, quarterly roundtables, and e-newsletter
- Recruit Diversity and Inclusion speakers and education sessions for the annual conference
- Serve as a resource to AOAP’s Conference Education Committee for the review and selection of the Diversity and Inclusion track sessions
- Recruit new members and promote AOAP to professionals from diverse backgrounds
- Promote AOAP’s Diversity Scholarship Program for Professionals and Students and Recruit Applicants
AOAP offers a Diversity and Inclusion education track at the Annual Conference and Exposition. If you’re interested in presenting a session at the conference, proposals are usually due by mid-August every year. For more information on submitting an education session proposal, please visit: https://pheedloop.com/AOAP2023/proposal/start/?call=CALIV3E8VWJRLDE
For more information on AOAP’s Diversity Scholarships to attend the Annual Conference and Exposition, click here: https://aquaticpros.org/conference-scholarship-application/