If you are not a current member of the Association of Aquatic Professionals, click here to register now before completing the application.
Purpose of the Swim Lesson Grant Program
The purpose of the swim lesson grant is to provide resources to our AOAP members, by providing funds to offer learn to swim programs to people that may otherwise not have the opportunity to learn to swim or be educated about drowning prevention. A maximum of $500 of grant funds may be awarded per organization.
Requirements to Apply for the Swim Lesson Grant:
- Local municipalities, universities and swim lessons providers must be a current AOAP member for at least 1 year (calendar year).
- Agencies that apply must be considered a non-profit organization.
- Applicants must provide details on how the swim lesson funds will be utilized. Funds are not intended to provide budget relief, but to assist those that are participating in the learn to swim program.
- Applicants must identify how drowning prevention education will be promoted within a learn to swim program.
- Agencies awarded the swim lesson grant will not be eligible to receive further swim lesson grant funding for the following 2 years.
- Annual grant application deadlines will be: January 1, April 1, July 1, and October1.
The Association of Aquatic Professionals will NOT accept:
- Applications which are late or incomplete.
- Applications seeking funding for any purpose other than providing free or reduced-cost swim lessons. Grant funds are not intended to provide budget relief, support facility overhead.
Grant Application Instructions:
Please fill out the form below and submit the application by the deadline (January 1, April 1, July 1, or October 1) to be considered for the grant. The more information you provide to the following questions, the better.
Learn to Swim Family Grant Application (must be filled out by the families that are receiving the discounted or donated swim lessons)
Swim Lesson Grant Application
Grant application for money for swim lessons