If you are not a current member of the Association of Aquatic Professionals, click here to register now before completing the application.
Purpose of the Life Jacket Grant Program
The purpose of the life jacket grant is to provide resources to our AOAP members, by providing life jackets to be used in their learn to swim program curriculum and during their public swim times. This grant can provide resources to young people and families who may not otherwise have the opportunity to be educated and informed about drowning prevention and life jackets. A maximum of 50 life jackets may be awarded.
Requirements to Apply for the Life Jacket Grant:
- Local municipalities, universities and swim lessons providers must be a current AOAP member for at least 1 year (calendar year).
- Agencies that apply must be considered a non-profit organization.
- Applicants must provide details on how the life jackets will be utilized.
- Applicants must identify how the life jackets will promote drowning prevention education within a learn to swim program.
- Agencies awarded the life jacket grant will not be eligible to receive further life jacket grant funding for the following 2 years.
- Life jackets received via this grant must continue to be used in a learn to swim program or used for public swim hours. They may not be given away.
- Annual grant application deadlines will be: January 1, April 1, July 1, and October1.
The Association of Aquatic Professionals will NOT accept:
- Applications which are late or incomplete.
- Applications seeking funding for any purpose other than providing life jackets for programming. Life jackets are not intended to be given away.
Grant Application Instructions:
Please fill out the form below and submit the application by the deadline (January 1, April 1, July 1, or October 1) to be considered for the grant. The more information you provide to the following questions, the better.